Did you know that we could become slaves to our creditors? Well if you didn't know, now you do. Scripture tells us so! In the bible days, poor people and debtors were allowed to pay their debts by selling themselves or their children as slaves. Now, we know slavery is dead, but we can still be in bondage to our creditor. And it is not God's will that we be in bondage to anyone or anything!
Here are a few things that we can do to avoid becoming slaves to our creditors:
- You should only have one credit card, maybe two, but no more than that.
- Do not pay just the minimum due on your cards, it takes longer to pay them off that way.
- While you are paying your cards off, don't carry them with you, you will be tempted to use them.
- Once you pay your cards off, don't carry a balance on them.
- Pay off your balances in full each month.
- Only use your credit card as a convenience, don't use them if you know you can not pay them off at the end of the month.
Maintaining good credit is one of the secrets to financial health!
I have faith in you!! I know you can do this!! We'll do it together!!