Did you know there is power in tithing? If you didn't know it's probably because you are not a tither.
Tithing is a subject a lot of Christians do not like to discuss. They don't like the idea of giving up their money, especially if they think it's just going to go into someone else's pocket. They say "I can't afford to tithe", or "the preacher already has enough money".
When Christians say that, their looking at the wrong thing. First, and foremost, we can't afford NOT to tithe. And the word says that when we tithe Jesus receives our tithes. (And here men that die receive tithes; but there He receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that He liveth.) Hebrews 7:8
So ultimately, when we tithe, yes, our Priests receive the tenth here on earth, but Jesus receives the tenth in Heaven. Do you get it? We are not tithing to our Priests, we are tithing to our High Priest!
And I have to tell you from experience how tithing has changed my life. There was a time in my life where I thought "I'm not taking hundreds of dollars out of my paycheck to pay tithes, that's too much money. " And then I began to really receive the teachings on tithing, and I was convinced that tithing would change the dynamics of my life forever.
Here are just a few things you can expect as a tither:
- Empowerment from God to be blessed in every area of your life.
- A chance to honor God for what He has already done for you, and what He is going to do.
- The windows of heaven to be open for you; blessings to be poured out into your life.
- Provision - (Genesis 28:20-22)
- Protection - (Malachi 3:11)
- Your children will get the benefits of your tithes. (Hebrews 7:9-10)
- Lastly, to excel in the grace of "giving" (II Corinthians 8:7)
And those were just to name a few. Do you now see all the Power your ten percent provides? I once heard a minister say "it's only a dime on every dollar you make". Seriously, a dime. Can we not spare a dime, considering Jesus spared His LIFE?? Think about that!
I have faith in you!! I know you can do this!! We'll do it together!!